Sunday, December 5, 2021

Growing Tomatoes in Texas

Hello! Its been awhile.Its good to be back in Texas. Once again I am growing tomatoes here. It's already December 5th and I am still harvesting tomatoes. The great thing about growing a garden in Texas is you get 2 growing seasons. It's possible to grow tomatoes through January or the first freeze.You can push them a little longer if you cover them good when the tempetures dip down to 32. Some of my old time favorites to grow are Mortgage Lifter and Beefsteak. I tried a new hybred called Heat Master this year. It produced well. But not the best flavor. Im sticking next year to my favorites. We did have a notice of frost so I picked a lot of green ones for fried green tomatoes and salsa. Enjoy the photos from my garden today!

No comments:

Post a Comment